首字母填空练习10篇(初中版)

信息发布者:Sarah789
1.In1995, Oseola McCarty gave $150,000 to the university of Southern Mississippi. She wanted to help p__1__students. Her friends and neighbours were s___2___when they heard the news. McCarty was a good woman and was always friendly and helpful. Everyone in her town knew that she was not r__3___. In fact she was poor.
   How did a poor 86-year-old woman have so m__4___money? Oseola McCarty was born in 1908. She had to l___5__school when she was eight years old to help her family . Her job was washing clothes. She got only a few dollars a day. She washed the clothes by hand. Then she h__6___the clothes to dry. She did this for nearly 80 years. McCarty never m___7___and she had no children. Her life was very simple. She went to work to church. She had a black-and–white television, but she did not watch it very often.
Oseola McCarty s__8___money all her life and had about $250,000. At the a___9__of 86, she left money to the church , the university and her r___10____. She just wanted to help others. She was a shy woman, but she became famous.
通读全文后,应知这篇文章主要讲述一位老人(洗衣工人)平时省吃俭用,积攒了一笔钱,在她去世前她把她的生平积蓄都捐给了他人。
1. poor.她把钱捐给大学主要来帮助那些贫困的大学生。
2.   surprised.朋友和邻居对此事应感到惊讶(因为她只是个洗衣工,不应该有那么多的钱。
3.  rich.从表面来看她只是个洗衣工,应该没多少钱,至少不富裕。
4.   much.很多的钱,money不可数,故只能用much.
5.  leave因为贫穷,她只好离开学校(辍学),这儿不能用过去式,因为是在不定式后。
6.   hung.读后应知道她在洗完衣服后,把衣服挂起来晾干(晒干)这儿要用hang的过去式hung,不能用hanged(上吊,绞死)
7.married因为她没有小孩,应推测她终生未婚,这儿要用marry的过去式。
8. saved她靠平时的省吃俭用积攒了那么多的钱。这儿要用save的过去式。
9. 在多少岁时用at the age of
10. relatives她把钱捐给了教堂,大学,还把一部分给了她的亲戚。(她虽没有小孩,但是她应有一些亲戚。)这儿要用复数。

2. One morning, it was already a quarter to eight whenI got up. I was a___1__that I would be late , so I put on my clothes hurriedly, and left w___2__breakfast. There were so many people at the bus stop that it was not e__3___to catch a bus. Five minutes had passed, I still couldn’t get on one. The only thing left for me to do was to w___4___. I rushed through the crowd and towards my school. S__5_____I met an old woman , and she fell down.Without an apology(道歉), I left her and went on my way.That evening, whenI was back from school, I learned that the old woman was b__6___hurt in the leg from the fall. She was sent to a hospital after I left. I felt very s__7___and nearly cried. The only way for me to ask her pardon was to pay her a visit.
The next day, I went to the hospital. At first It____8___that she would giving me a scolding(责备), but she didn’t. I began to c____9__ . she stroked my hand and said with warmth,“ Never mind,my girl, I knew you didn’t want to hurt me, did you? Don’t worry, I will get better soon.”
I was too t___10___ to her, and promised not to do such a thing again

答案
1.afraid. 2. without. 3.easy. 4. walk. 5. Suddenly. 6. badly. 7. sorry. 8.thought. 9. cry. 10. thankful.

3.Many people who live in cities say that they dislike city life. They say the city that they l____1____in is noisy, dirty and crowded. They are tired of the traffic, the pollution in the a____2__and the rubbish in the streets.
But not m____3___people living in cities are happy when they have to s___4___in the country for two or three weeks. They e___5___the quiet, clean air and the beautiful healthy surroundings(周围的事物),  but they m____6___the stores and restaurants,  the theaters, the crowds and the excitements of the city.
People who live in the country on the hand enjoy v___7_____the city for a day or an evening,  to do some s____8____or go to the theater or a concert. But they often f____9__the city a rather frightening place and are usually happy to get back to their quiet, unexciting l__10___in the country.
答案:1.live. 2. air. 3. many. 4. stay. 5. enjoy. 6. miss. 7. visiting. 8. shopping. 9.find. 10. life.  

4.If you get s___1____today, you will not have much trouble sending f__2____a doctor or being sent to a hospital. In the early 1900s,this was not the case. Sometimes doctors had to travel many miles to h___3____their patients. There were f__4___telephones or automobiles.(汽车) This often caused a delay of hours before the doctors even k____5___they needed.
Doctor Morris of Nebraska solved this problem. He used homing pigeons.(鸽子)  A homing pigeon is a bird t__6____always flies home when released(释放), Doctor Morris would leave one of his pigeons w___7____he was visiting a patient. If the patient needed f__8____help, instructions were to t___9____a note to the pigeon’s leg and let it go. The pigeon would quickly fly to the d__10___home. Help would soon be on its way.
答案:
1. sick. 2. for. 3. help. 4. few. 5. knew. 6. that. 7. whenever. 8. further. 9. tie.  10. doctor’s

5.Reading books is a good hobby for all kinds of reasons.
First, reading books is f__1__. You can always keep yourself amused if you like reading. This is especially useful when the weather is bad. It is a relaxing hobby too. You can really become l____2___ in a book.
Next, you can read a book a__3__: in a car, in a waiting-room, on a plane, in bed — even in the bath. All you need is a book! Reading is a convenient(方便的) hobby as it is easy to stop and then s___4_____ again.
A__5__ good reason for reading books is that it is useful. If you read as a hobby you will get better and better at it. This m___6_ that you will read faster and will become better at understanding what you read. As your reading improves, you will probably find your schoolwork becomes much e___7__. Many school subjects depend on good reading and, as you read, you learn more and more.
Some people say that reading is out of date. This is not true. You have to be able to read to use a computer and, the better you read, the better your computer skills will be. Reading is h__8__ out of date!
Good r____9____ are most likely to be good writers, too. They are usually good at spelling as well, and have more things to write about. Reading books is a wonderful hobby, one of the best.W__10__ other hobby could be more useful, or more enjoyable!
答案:1.fun. 2. lost. 3. anywhere. 4. start. 5. Another. 6. means. 7. easier.
   8. hardly. 9. readers. 10. What.

6. It is well-known that man is much cleverer than any animal. But which is the cleverest a_______(1) the animals? Some scientists t_______(2) it should be Alex, an African grey parrot. He is unlike any other animal. He can really t_______(3) with people!
    When he says “come here”, he really w______(4) someone to come up to him.
    “Alex is as clever as a c_______(5) of 2 or 3 years old,” says Dr. Pepperberg. “He does not just repeat the s_______(6) he has been taught. He u_______(7) the words!”
    Alex can tell about 50 d_______(8) things, name 7 colours and count from 1 to 6. Is the parrot actually thinking in the w_______(9) how man does? Nobody can say. But the q_______ (10) is very interesting.

文论述了非洲灰色鹦鹉被一些科学家认为是最聪明的动物。
    1. among.表示最高级的比较范围,意为“在……中”,一般用of或among, 等介词,此处已有首字母a,所以是among.
    2. think.根据前面的提问有首字母t可知是think,表示“有的科学家认为最聪明的动物应当是Alex”。
    3. talk.根据下文对他会讲会的描述和空格后的with,可知是talk withsb(同……谈话)。
    4. wants.根据前面的come here及后文的句式搭配可知是want sb to do sth(想要某人做某事)。
    5. child.根据后面的两叁岁可知是小孩。
    6. sounds.由前文的talk和后文的words可知是重复教他讲话的声音。
    7. understands.从后文的描述可知,他不但会重复教他的声音而且还明白其意思。
    8. different.根据things是复数及首字母的提示可知是指不同的(different) 事物。
    9. way.根据句意“他的思维方式是否与的思维方式一样呢?”。搭配:in the way用这种方式。
    10. question.上文“Is the parrot…?”提出的是一个问题。

7.  Bedtime stories are one of the delights(喜悦)of early childhood. But a________(1) to Dr.Julie Spreadbury from Queensland, parents s________(2) not speed up reading to their children after they entered primary school. She says listening to, reading and d________(3) the stories help children's relaxation.
    My theory (理论) is that when children can read t________(4), most parents stop reading to them, Dr. Spreadbury says.
    That may be at the end of the Year 1, which is far too informal.
    Dr. Spreadbury says bedtime reading n________(5) only gives children a good b________(6) at school, but also brings parents and their children closer. This makes it funnier for them to open up and talk to parents about things that are worrying them, o________(7) things they are reading in their everyday life.

1.according. 依上下文和句式结构,应用介词,according to 意指“根据——”。
    2.should. 所缺单词后有谓语动词,填入助动词或情态动词合适,should这里是情态动词,意思是“应该”。
    3.discussing. 空白处应填与前面reading并列的单词。
    4.themselves. 本题有一定的难度。Read后必须接以“t”打头的宾语,能够想到用反身代词的恐怕不多。
    5.not. 后面有but also,前面与之相对的应该是“not only”。
    6.beginning. good后需填名词,依语意用beginning比较恰当。
    7.or. 后面的句式结构与前面相同,填or,意思是“或者”。

8、British Milkman Steve Leech saved some shops and flats(公寓) with milk and won a National Bravery Awaid.
    Leech, 35 years old, said that when he was sending out milk as u____(1) along Pine Street, he s____(2) heard a loud, strange sound behind him and then he saw smoke coming out of a shop in Cornwall, southern England. "That must be a fire, I t____(3)," Leech said."Then I quickly d____(4) to do something. So I p____(5) the door in and then I s____(6) for the people inside. Then I started pouring milk e______(7)。 "He used 320 pints of milk to stop the fire. When fire-fighters r____(8) the shop, the fire was under control.
    Leech helped save the 1____ (9) of eight people in the flats above the shops. "It was hard work o____(10) all those bottles. But it was even harder trying to tell my boss where all the milk had gone," Leech said jokingly.
答案1. usual.as usual 意思是“像往常一样”。
    2. suddenly.空后是“动宾”结构,此处应用副词,suddenly指事情的突然。
    3. thought.前面的must be 表示“推测”,所以用“thought”比较合理。
    4. decided.依据前面的“thought”和后面的一系列动作。decide to do sth. 用于表示“决定做某事”。
   5. pushed.后面是“door”,又要填一个以“p”打头的词,push the door(推门)搭配合理。
    6. shouted.里面着了火,进门后“shout”更合情理。
    7. everywhere.前面句子主、谓、宾具全,结合后面的“used 320 pints of milk to stop the fire”,显然是用奶灭的火。用“everywhere”表明“到处都是奶”。
    8. reached.结合文意和语法结构,动词后是名词,显然要用一个以“r”打头的及物动词。
    9. lives.the lives of eight people意指“八条人命”。
    10. opening.结合上下文,倒奶救火、救人。倒奶容易,但“开那么多奶瓶”确是不易。注意,这里的opening是动名词,作句子的真正主语。

9. Bill and Simon were good friends. One summer they were on h_________(1). They wanted to sail around the Caribbean Sea in their boat for two weeks.
  During their trip, they saw many whales. Bill and Simon were very e_________(2) because they had wanted to see them very much.Unluckily, w_________(3) they were watching them, the whales began to hit the side of the boat.
  Suddenly, w_________(4) started coming in, and they realized that they were in trouble. They q_________(5) jump into the lifeboat before the boat sank(沉没),and watched it disappear under the sea.
  Luckily, they had enough food and water for about twenty d_________(6). They also had a fishing line and a machine which could change sea water i_________(7) drinking water. These two things helped them to survive(存活) during their terrible experience.
  For the next fifty days they caught about ten fish a day and a_________(8) them. They saw about twenty ships, but although they waved and shouted when the ships were passing, n_________(9) saw them. They were becoming weaker and weaker.Then, just as they were beginning to l_________(10) hope, a fishing boat saved them.

文章大意:本文是一片记叙文,讲了一对朋友冒险的故事。两个朋友环海旅行时,船翻了,在救生艇上靠钓鱼竿和转换淡水的机器活了下来,最后被一艘渔船救了。
   1. holiday  解析:他们去海上旅行,应应该是在假期中。
   2. excited  解析:看到鲸鱼,他们很兴奋。
   3. while/when  解析:当他们看鲸鱼时,鲸鱼开始攻击船的一边。
   4. water    解析:水开始进入船里。
   5. quickly  解析:在船沉没前,他们很快跳进救生艇里。
   6. days    解析: 幸运的是,他们有足够20天的食物和水。
   7. into    解析: change …into… 把……变成……。
   8. ate    解析:再后来的50天里,他们每天捉10条鱼并吃了他们。
   9. nobody  解析:没有人看见他们。
  10. lose   解析:就在他们要失去希望时,一艘渔船救了他们。

10. Wood-block printing was invented sometime between the 4th and the 7th c       (1) in China. The earliest book that we have was p      (2) in 868 and was found in a Dunhuang cave. Wood-block printing took a long time because a new block was needed for every p      (3) in a book.By the 11th century printed books could be f      (4)  all over China. They included books of Confucius' thoughts, dictionaries, and books on maths. In1340, books could be printed using two c     (5) , black and red.
A       (6) the Chinese learnt about printing so early, printing was not introduced in other parts of the world for hundreds of years. It is thought that when the great Italian traveler Marco Polo visited China in the 13th century, he s      (7) printed books. It is possible that Marco Po-lo brought that k       (8) to Europe. But printed books did not come to Europe u         (9) 1450 when a German called Johann Gutenberg i       (10) a printing machine. Twenty-four years later, in 1474, an Englishman called William Caxton printed the first printed book in English. His second book was about the game of chess. Caxton printed about a hundred books, and some can still be found today in museums.
答案:本文介绍了木版印刷的历史和它的发展过程。
1. century  木版印刷在公元4世纪到公元7世纪在中国发明的。
2. published  由后面可知,最早的书于868年被出版。
3. page  由木版印刷的介绍可知,最先的木版印刷对每一本书的每一页都需要一个新木块。
4. found  随着木版印刷的发展,在11世纪之前,这些印刷的书在中国到处都能发现。
5. colors  由后面可知,表示两种颜色。
6. Although  句意:尽管中国人了解印刷如此早,但印刷数百年来没有传到世界别的地方去。由句意可知,表示让步,用although引导。
7. saw 马可•波罗来到中国看到了印刷的书。
8. knowledge  由上文可知,欧洲的印刷书可能是马可•波罗把这种学问带去的。
9. until  not…until直到……才。
10. invented  由句意可知,在1450年,名叫Johann Gutenberg的德国人发明了印刷机器

本页答案点评